NANCY WILSON MEMORIAL SCHOLARSHIP
The Nancy Wilson Memorial Scholarship seeks to provide financial scholarships and support to single parents and their children in southeast Michigan who are enrolled in university, college or technical schools. Nancy Wilson was a beloved pastor who had a deep compassion for single moms. She established a vibrant Single Mom’s ministry in Ann Arbor, Michigan and led the ministry for 14 years. Her devotion touched many hundreds of lives. Blue Ocean Faith, Ann Arbor established the Nancy Wilson Memorial Scholarship to continue her legacy of providing relief and support to single parents and their children.
Scholarships are available in the amount of $1500 annually. All scholarship awards will be paid directly to the recipients.
- Eligible Applicants include:
- Single Parents with dependent children still living in their care in southeast Michigan.
- Child of a single parent living in southeast Michigan.
- To receive scholarship, applicants must be accepted to any Community College, University, or Technical School.
- Recipient must enroll in a minimum of two classes per term or the equivalent.
- Previous Nancy Wilson Memorial Scholarship recipients are not eligible.
Nancy Wilson Memorial Scholarships are awarded without regard to race, sex, religion, age, national origin or sexual orientation. Blue Ocean Faith, Ann Arbor was founded on a commitment to LGBTQ inclusion and embraces unity in the Spirit for all members—regardless of identity or stance on important moral questions.
- Applications will be accepted from February 15 through May 1, 2017 (deadline extended).
- Student Essay
- In case of a difficult decision, recommendations from references will be considered.
- The Blue Ocean Faith, Ann Arbor Board will review applications and decide on recipients.
To be considered for the Nancy Wilson Memorial Scholarship, applicants must complete an application and return it to Blue Ocean Faith, Ann Arbor by May 1, 2017. The application must include:
- Completed application.
- 2-page (500-word, double-spaced) Student Essay answering the question, “How will an education change and benefit your life?” (attached as a pdf or by mail). Essay should include information about your intended major and financial need.
- Proof of acceptance—copy of acceptance letter from Community College, University, or Technical School (attached as a pdf or by mail).
- Contact information for 2 non-family references.
Submission of Application Form
The application is a pdf file that should be filled out electronically. Note that the application requires a signature. You will need to download and print the completed application, sign it, and either scan it and save it as a pdf (include the applicant’s name as part of the file name) or mail in the printed application.
Completed application form, essay, and proof of acceptance should be sent as pdf files to email@example.com. Alternatively, printed documents may be mailed to:
Blue Ocean Faith Ann Arbor
Re: Nancy Wilson Memorial Scholarship
2301 Packard St.
Ann Arbor, MI 48104
All application materials must be received (electronic submissions) or postmarked (printed documents) by the filing deadline: May 1, 2017.
Late applications will not be considered for the 2017 awards.
Questions about the application process may be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.